October 26, 2009

Coming soon ... DJ Coco


I am so excited about this. Been wanting to do this ever since I realized that I could purchase a BIG-LITTLE PORTABLE PHONO on ebay. I had a blue one that I still remember endlessly listening to. My parents tell me that I wouldn't let go of it in the store... maybe I was three? (Guys?) Anyway, I got AC a RED ONE for cheap. I never "win" on ebay. This time I sat here waiting to big as the clock counted town. My heart was racing. Should be here in a week or so. Now all I have to do is find a needle for it ... yipes. I've got a bunch of beat-up 45s for Alice to start with.

(Typical ... as I was searching for a picture to post, I found another one on a different website, no auction, for $5 less. And this one still has a needle.)

2 comments:

SabaNana said...

Can't wait to see if AC loves it as much as you did. Try to find "Babes in Toyland" at the library (one of your all time favorites.

Unknown said...

I remember that thing. I had the same experience bidding on your original Humanatone (TM).