December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving started early. AC was up at 5 or so, ready to work (as usual). No worries; I couldn't sleep, worried about turkey. A few years ago I brined one and it came out good. We had given away the bucket I used, though. I tried to use a real big Rubbermaid tub that we use for fabric. At around 8 I tried washing it out. It didn't fit in the sink but that didn't stop me. I got the turkey in there after using almost all of our kosher salt. Then I saw the turkey water was leaking everywhere. Nixed that idea. Luckily, AC was busy with a project of her own during all of this. She loves to put something in her booster seat, buckle it in, and put the tray on top. This morning she seated the Crock-Pot (tm) manual. Perfectly centered.


After lots more getting ready with the whole family, I went out for a walk with AC. Just to get some fresh air before the guests arrived.

The turkey took an hour longer than it should have, but it was good, even without the brine. Better than last year. The sides by Krabby were fantastic and everyone brought more delicious food. The kids got down and had a wild time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress AC!!